Friday, July 27, 2007

Video(s): The Whip

Found these guys through Beatportal. I for one am glad that the whole electro/rock hybrid thing seems to be in resurgence over the past few years. There's just a certain energy seeing electronics performed by live acts in whatever context versus the static nature of most dj sets. No hate for the dj, some of my best friends are dj's.>;) It's just that it's very refreshing to hear those sawtooth leads and square wave blips in a little less clinical context. Maybe it's just me becoming more receptive once again because, at least in my part of the globe, live electronic acts seem to have taken a backseat to the "superstar" DJ yet again.:(

Divebomb - This seems to be their single that's making the rounds at the moment:



Muzzle No.1 - A bit more of an overtly rock track but damn it's been stuck in my head since I heard it:

1 comment:

Erica Toelle said...

Apples nad turntables...